NBA RUN-F.M.C. (RUN to the Finals Meter Chase) Rankings 11/08
Last week was the first week of the RUN-F.M.C. (RUN to the Finals Meter Chase) Rankings. The RUN-F.M.C. ranks the Top 10 teams that have a legitimate shot at winning an NBA Championship. The Los Angeles Lakers were number 1 last week . The "Showtime Boyz of Hollywood" remain number 1. Here's the rest of the Top 10.
1. Los Angeles Lakers 7-0: The Lakers remained unbeaten for the week 4-0. They posted wins over Memphis, Sacramento, Toronto, and Portland. 3 of the 4 games were at home (Sacramento road) and the average margin of victory was 15.5 ppg. LA has a tough road game this week vs. the Denver Nuggets. (Previous rank #1).
2. Miami Heat 5-2: The Heat remain at number 2 after posting a 2-1 record for the week. Miami is having problems with teams that have dominate point-guard play. In both of their loses it was to Boston (Rondo) and New Orleans (CP3). Miami has a tough road game tonight vs.Utah. The Jazz are hard to beat at home. The Heat have another big showdown with Boston on Thursday. (Previous rank #2)
3. Boston Celtics 6-2: The C's remain at number 3 after posting a 4-1 record for the week. Boston is having problems on the second game of a back-to-back. The Celtics had 2 overtime games at home vs. Milwaukee and Chicago. Both games the Celtics won. Boston and Miami will meet for the "Eastern Conference Super Fight 2" this upcoming Thursday night in Miami. (Previous rank #3).
4. New Orleans Hornets 6-0: The Hornets and the Lakers are 2 last unbeaten teams in the NBA. New Orleans posted a 3-0 record for the week. Their big win was this past Friday night vs. Miami's Dunkadelic Flight-361. New Orleans is the second best team in the west behind the Lakers. (Previous rank #9).
5. Orlando Magic 5-1: The Magic are on a 4-game winning streak since losing to the Miami Heat. The Magic went 4-0 for the week. Orlando beat the Atlanta Hawks Monday night on the road for their most impressive win of the season. The other 4 victories sere against teams with losing records (Washington, Minn., New Jersey, Charlotte). (Previous rank #6).
6. San Antonio Spurs 5-1: The Spurs are also on a 4-game win streak with 3 of the 4 wins on the road. San Antonio is the winner of 4 NBA Championships during this generation era. The Spurs have "been there and done that" a moniker by hip-hop legend Dr. Dre. The Spurs have a favorable schedule leading into Thanksgiving. The Spurs are higher ranked than Dallas and Denver because like LA they know what it takes to win it all (previous rank none).
7. Atlanta Hawks 6-2: The Hawks went 3-2 on the week. Atlanta is on a 2-game losing streak. They were 6-0 before the 2 loses. Atlanta is in the tough Southeast Conference with Miami and Orlando. If they become the 3rd best team in that division they will no longer be a Championship threat. (previous rank #5).
8. Dallas Mavericks 4-2: The Mavericks went 2-1 on the week. Dallas posted a big win last vs. the Boston Celtics. Dallas like Atlanta maybe the 3rd best team in their division. If this remains the case they will also not be Championship contender come April and May. Its a marathon to a chip not a sprint. They still have time to gel. J-Kidd is getting older. (previous rank #7)
9. Portland Trailblazers 5-3: Portland started the season 3-0. They were 2-2 on the week and are a sub .500 2-3 in their last 5. They were blown out by 26 by the LA Lakers this past Sunday. Kobe scored 12 points in 24 minutes. The Blazers need Oden to get back on the court. The lead the Northwest Division for now (Previous rank #4).
10. Denver Nuggets 4-3: Carmelo and Co. are in limbo because he's in limbo about where he wants to play. This is going to become more and more toxic for the Nuggets. Denver lost to the Chicago Bulls in the Windy City last night. If Carmelo is traded to New York their slim Championship hopes goes right with him. (Previous rank #8).
The Hornets and Spurs have made great strides over the past week. San Antonio will emerge as one of the Top 5 teams by season end they Manu, T-Dogg, and TP9. That's right they are another "Big 3" that has a Championship ring.
Atlanta and Portland have work to do to stay contenders. The Lakers are the team to beat and that's right now and most possibly in June. The OKC Thunder is having problems and they were ranked high on the dethrone the Lakers list prior to the start of the season.
The RUN-F.M.C. (RUN to the Finals Meter Chase)Rankings are released each Tuesday during the regular-season of the NBA.