Olympic Opening Ceremony Spoilers: Save the Surprise?
London 2012 Opening Ceremony Spoilers: Which Side Are You On?
The Opening Ceremony for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London are only a day away, and Danny Boyle really doesn't want any spoilers to leak. However, London is a pretty switched-on city, so plugging the digital leaks is a mammoth task, even as London 2012 media boss Alex Balfour encourages you to snitch on your vid-uploading friends.
Result: Opening Ceremony spoilers are indeed leaking.
So, as Danny Boyle promotes #SaveTheSurprise, others are having a bit of fun, making up their own spoilers with #OpeningCeremonySpoilers. You can see examples of both below. (The July 26 Twitter outage may make the Twitter feeds below show as empty, but the warring tweets should be visible soon.)
What we'd like to see in the 2012 Opening Ceremony:
- Oliver Twist chased by the Infected from 28 Days Later
- Grace Jones hula-hooping alongside a Freddie Mercury hologram
- 1,000 Mary Poppinses
- ASBOS handed out to everyone in attendance below the age of 21
- Massive Aardman clay animals
- A million CCTV cameras creepily following you around (well, that's already a fact of life in London)
- Fulfillment of LOCOG's wish by resurrecting Keith Moon
So, do those in the know want to save the surprise because the London 2012 Opening Ceremony will be awesome, or because it will be lame? You'll have to watch on July 27 to be sure.
Meanwhile, some really, really low-quality London 2012 Opening Ceremony footage has avoided the Olympic dragnet on Youtube, and you can see it here. (To be honest, it spoils nothing.)