Reggie Bush Scandal: Heisman Trust, Bush To Lose Heisman Trophy
Reggie Bush Scandal: Reggie Bush Heisman Trophy Taken Away: Even O.J. Simpson Got To Keep His Heisman Trophy
Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush may make history at the end of September.
- USC Returns Reggie Bush Heisman Trophy
- USC Sanctions, Reggie Bush Heisman Trophy
- NCAA, USC Football Ban, Suspension
Reggie Bush, the New Orleans Saints star running back, a former USC standout will have his 2005 Heisman Trophy taken away by the Heisman Trust, Yahoo sports is reporting.
Two sources close to the Heisman trust said the body’s investigation is coming to a close, and will ultimately concur with the NCAA’s determination that Bush was ineligible during his Heisman-winning season in 2005. Because of that independent conclusion, sources said the trust will relieve Bush of the award and leave the honor for that season vacant. The sources said Bush met with Heisman representatives last month at the New York law offices of Emmet, Marvin & Martin. The sources would not reveal details of that meeting.
If that happens Reggie Bush would be the first player in the 75 year history of the Heisman Trophy to be stripped of the award for best player in college football.
Consider this, O.J. Simpson still has his Heisman Trophy. But the transgressions of Reggie Bush occurred while he was playing for USC while O.J. Simpson's happened after his NCAA career ended.
In June the NCAA released the results of its investigation into recruiting violations at the University of Southern California - violations that involved Reggie Bush.
The USC Trojans were hit with sanctions and will miss the opportunity to play in BCS Bowl Games over the next years. The Trojans removed Reggie Bush from his place of honor at USC and now the Heisman Trust is expected to follow suit.
So far Reggie Bush is keeping quiet. Posts on Reggie Bush's Twitter account are of more immediate concerns, namely, the possibility of NFL Strike or Lockout.
Reggie Bush Twitter Feed Regarding NFL Lockout in 2011
- RT @RandomTKA: ok so what is the sticking point with the negotiations? (the owners want the Players to take an 18% pay cut) about 13 hours ago via Echofon
- So that next year if in fact there is a lockout, which is looking like that's what it's gonna be, you guys know all the facts! about 13 hours ago via Echofon
- I think people are taking this as a need for sorrow or pity? Not at all! Just educating you guys! It's always good to be knowledgable! about 13 hours ago via Echofon
- And the bigger picture is not just about the current players. But also the retired players who are maybe now broke. What happens to them? about 14 hours ago via Echofon