Sachin Tendulkar 200: Record Score in ODI (Cricket)
Sachin Tendulkar has become the first-ever batsman to score 200 in an ODI (one-day international) against South Africa. Sachin's score officially makes him the Michael Jordan of cricket after the India vs RSA match.
The former highest-scoring batsmen were Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry with 194 not out in a one-day match, and Pakistan's Saeed Anwar with 194 .
Sachin Tendulkar, who plays for India, scored 200 not out in today's game against South Africa, beating his own personal best of 186 not out.
Current ODI batting records:
- 200 not out: Sachin Tendulkar, India
- 194 not out: Charles Coventry, Zimbabwe
- 194: Saeed Anwar, Pakistan
- 189 not out: Viv Richards, West Indies
- 189: Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka
- 188 not out:Gary Kirsten, South Africa
It is the fifth international hundred of the year for Tendulkar, to go with four hundreds in Tests against South Africa and Bangladesh. He now has 93 hundreds in international cricket. His previous best in one-day internationals was 186 against New Zealand in 1999.