Boy blows up bathroom while sitting on toilet - ouch!
Dennis, from North-Rhine Westphalia in Germany, was rushed to hospital with severe burns to his arms, face and legs, which were uncovered because he still had his trousers around his ankles. (Click here for pics)
The schoolboy was at home in the town of Recklinghausen when the blast happened. He couldn't stand the smell while on the toilet so grabbed the 'Purple Rose' air freshener.
“I sprayed quite a lot around and didn’t really think about it,” he said.
But he then started to play with a lighter, and a spark turned into a darting flame which in turn caused the flammable air freshener gas to explode!
Dennis was taken to a special clinic for fire victims, where his father Arthur B. (31) visits him every day. “The doctors had to anaesthetise Dennis when they needed to change his bandages in the beginning. He was in absolute agony,” he said.
Fortunately, the young lad is doing better now. “I pray every day for my son’s recovery,” his father added.
Police and firefighters have told Arthur B. that his son was injured because of the air freshener.
He is in no doubt what should happen: “If that’s true, those sprays should be banned."
The only warning it gives on the air freshener can is to not spray it near an open flame…