Cat Goes to Vet for Flea Bath but Gets Euthanized
A Massachusetts woman says her cat went to the veterinarian for a flea bath but was mistakenly put to death.
Colleen Conlon of Gardner is grieving the loss of 8-year-old Lady, which she attributes to negligence by the vet, Muhammad Malik. Malik's lawyer says people should wait until all the facts come out before passing judgment.
Conlon's 24-year-old son, Jesse, took Lady to the Broadway Animal Hospital last week and unknowingly authorized the cat to be put to sleep after he says he was handed the wrong forms. He says he learned of the mix-up when he returned with a second cat and the vet asked whether he wanted to keep the body.
Read more here.