How to Protect Your Home From a Bug Invasion
Dr. Bob, chief entomologist with the Termite and the Ant Institute and frequent contributor to news articles about termites, ants and other pests that are common problems for homeowners throughout the United States, has released a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8eOCjzwMu4) covering the “Bug Forecast” with tips to protect your home from a bug invasion.
Even though bugs around your house and yard may only be visible in the spring, quite often it’s the unseen critters that are the greatest cause for concern. Are damaging bugs lurking behind your walls? In the video, Dr. Bob provides the following tips on what to look for to determine if you have a bug infestation:
· Be vigilant outside your house. Look for areas where insects might be prone to create a home.
· Remove standing water. Channel water away from your home to discourage insects from creating a home.
· Check gutter lines. Make sure they are clean and clear.
· Keep an eye on landscaping. Keep up on mowing and trimming shrubs.
· Look for wood to soil contact where termites could be living.
· Look for ant or bug populations.
· Be vigilant on the inside of your home. Look for peeling paint, damaged wood, holes in sheetrock.
If you suspect you have a bug invasion on your hands, call a pest professional to help identify the problem, put a plan together, and assist in preventing infestations in the future.
The Dr. Bob interview can be viewed by going to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8eOCjzwMu4.