Man Dies After Eating Extra Hot Chilis
A British man was declared dead after getting into a chili-eating contest with his girlfriend's brother. Andrew Lee passed away after getting eating a sauce made of extra hot chilis. He dared his girlfriend's brother to eat it, but then ate it himself.
'We don't know what happened to him. Something has given him a cardiac arrest and we can only put it down to the chilli sauce.'
Toxicology tests are under way to see whether Mr Lee had a fatal reaction to the sauce.
Attempts to develop ever hotter varieties of chilli pepper have been condemned by health experts, who warn of potentially lethal effects.
Mild adverse reactions can include burning eyes, a streaming nose and uncontrollable hiccups.