Man 'torches in-laws' in Austria
A man in Austria has been arrested on the suspicion that he burned his in-laws to death with a flame-thrower he made himself.
He used a propane gas container to torch the couple as they lay in bed in the village of St. Magdalena am Lemberg, south of Vienna.
The bed-ridden woman, who had lost both her legs to diabetes, died where she lay but her husband was found in the garden having tried to escape.
Police said the suspect's wife was in the house but escaped through a window.
The suspect fled the scene but was found later having stabbed himself in the stomach, said police.
Chief investigator Anton Kiesl said the man was being kept in hospital in an induced coma. The suspect's motives were not immediately clear.