Moose Poop Prank: Principal Bob Kovachik Fired
Student Tricked into Eating Moose Poop on Manitoba School Trip
A 14-year-old student, identified only as Brook, was tricked by an adult chaperone into eating moose poop during a school canoe trip. The chaperone told Brook and another 8th-grade student that the round, brown pellets were chocolate-covered almonds.
After Brook ate the moose droppings, the other students started laughing at her as she tried to rinse the taste and texture from her mouth.
Adding insult to injury: the moose poop got stuck in her braces.
Only one staff member did anything about it, but not anything useful:
"She … said it would help me because it was nutritious," Brook recalled. The staff member also told her that moose only eat grass.
Needless to say, this... bullshit. It's not safe to eat the feces of any species.
Principal Bob Kovachik was also on the trip, and witnessed the moose poop prank. Kovachik did nothing to stop it. He has since stepped down as principal.
Scott Kwasnitza, superintendent with the local school board, said none of the adult supervisors on the trip intervened to stop the “ill-conceived practical joke.” He said staff members involved have been disciplined, but would not elaborate.
Weirdly, the school is called Walter Whyte School.