Best Pumpkin-Carving Ideas for Halloween 2011
Halloween 2011: Pumpkin Carving Ideas for the Best Jack o' Lanterns
So you've sorted out the perfect Halloween costume for 2011. Good for you. What about your jack o' lantern? For this (and every) Halloween, it's imperative that you don't forget about the pumpkin. Jack o' lanterns are a fantastic part of Halloween: they're social, edible, and artist-friendly.
Even if you don't go trick-or-treating (or partying) on Halloween, you can still enjoy the fine art of pumpkin-carving, and the fine dining experience of toasted pumpkin seeds once all the goop is cleaned up.
We'll get this one out of the way, since it's so amazing... The Pumpkin Centepede: First Sequence. Yeah. You just saw that.
Okay, on to some slightly more family-friendly pumpkin-carving ideas and templates.
- Extreme Pumpkins lives up to its name.
- These family-friendly jack o'lanterns are daylight-friendly, too.
- c.r.a.f.t. has some gourd-geous outside-the-box jack o' lantern ideas.
- These Democrat and Republican jack o' lantern designs look sort of like NFL logos.
- Star Wars pumpkin templates: Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Jabba, and more.
- Pumpkin Death Star! (Detailed instructions from Noel himself)
- Twilight: Edward and Bella. Expect this one to be smashed by Nosferatu fans.
- Drunk pumpkins are always a crowd-pleaser.
- Classic jack o' lantern face, for the traditional or the ironic.
- Angry Birds pumpkin design.
- Scary clown pumpkin template, for all you coulrophobes out there..
- Okay, one more Human Centipede jack o'lantern. Sorry.
So get carving. Remember: you don't need to use the sharpest knife in the house, and keep your thumbs clear as you carve. When carving without a template, it helps to sketch out your design first with a pen. That way, you can be sure that the eyes line up and the terrifying leer isn't lopsided.