Girl Scout Cookies go on sale today
Amy Judd | January 9, 2009 at 04:43 pmby
10088 views | 15 Recommendations | 18 comments
The eagerly awaited Girl Scout Cookies go on sale today until March.
Bobby Barone, Troop 401 leader in Fort Payne, said she isn’t worried about the sale.
“I don’t let anything stress me out,” Barone said. “The cookie sale is always an exciting time for me and the girls.”
Barone said she expects cookies sales to be as good or better than past years. Two new flavors will be introduced this year.
“This year, we’ll have the Lemon Chalet Crème and the Dulce de Leche,” Barone said.
The Girl Scouts’ most popular cookie is the Thin Mint followed by the Samoas.
Cookies are on sale for $3.50 a box, and booths will be set up across North America for everyone to buy these cookies.
About 70% of the revenue from the cookies stays in the area that they are sold in to help out the Girl Scout troops, and the other 30% goes to the bakers.
Most Recommended Comment
Kent Schmidt (not verified)
These members have powered this story:
First Flagged at 5:17 PM, Jan 9, 2009 by Anonymous (not verified)