Last-Minute Thanksgiving Recipes: Beyond Mac and Cheese
Avert a Crisis with Last-Minute Recipes for Thanksgiving
You're missing a key Thanksgiving dinner ingredient, or the casserole just went on the floor. Thanksgiving dinner is ruined... or is it? You can save the day with some last-minute Thanksgiving recipes.
- Mac and Cheese: from a box and dressed up with veggies, or from scratch. Mac and Cheese confuses Pat Robertson, but you'll manage just fine, and kids love it.
- Last-minute pie crust: easier than you'd think.
- Nachos. Seriously. Nachos. These can be made with virtually anything in the fridge: the core ingredients are tortilla chips and cheese.
- No-rise beer bread.
- Cranberry sauce: you can't screw this one up. Check the back of your cabinet for tinned cranberries; don't use 'em if they're expired.
- Pumpkin Roll, courtesy of Emily.
- Green bean casserole: presentation is everything.
What if you have an oven crisis? If the kitchen schedule gets too hectic (a crisis of plenty) or the oven isn't working correctly, some of your dishes may not get the oven time they need. The turkey itself can be barbecued instead roasted.
Also check out Turkey 101, wherein Serious Eats schools you on cooking a turkey.
Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers
Recipes for your Thanksgiving leftovers: that's a different story, but Food Network has your back.