Super Bowl 2012 Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Wings
Emily Sutherlin | February 3, 2012 at 02:23 pmby
222 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
Anyone who loves a good Super Bowl party appreciates the person who brings the spicy chicken wings the most. Enjoy these buffalo style chicken wings during the 2012 Super Bowl. Serves 15.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 pounds chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 2 (5 ounce) bottles hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 2 (5 ounce) bottles habanero hot sauce
- 5 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped (wear gloves)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Drop 5 or 6 wings at a time into the flour mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat wings with flour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Gently lower the coated wings into the hot oil and deep-fry until wings are no longer pink in the center and the coating is golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the wings on paper towels and set aside.
- Place the butter, hot pepper sauce, habanero pepper sauce, habanero peppers, and pineapple into the pitcher of a blender. Blend the sauce until smooth (do not allow sauce to touch your eyes); pour into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Place the fried chicken wings into the bag of sauce, 5 or 6 at at a time, seal the bag, and gently shake to coat the wings in the sauce. Remove to a platter for serving.
These members have powered this story: