Top 10 Most Memorable Fashion Moments of 2008
People around the globe like to keep a keen eye on fashion, both on an international scale and locally. Here are some stories from 2008 that made a big splash in many countries worldwide:
10. Backlash against too-skinny models and actors. Many fashion weeks impose a minimum BMI for models.
9. Italian Vogue runs issue featuring all-black models. Flies off the shelves.
6. Gossip Girl TV show sets the bar for fashion; makes history by being the first show to film in the actual NYFW tents.
5. Maternity chic is in, thanks to Angelina Jolie.
3. US Republican Vice-President nominee Sarah Palin redefines the power suit - and feels the heat after spending over $150,000 of RNC campaign money on her wardrobe.
Bonus: the moustache!
Have additions? Add your comments below.