Walmart Black Friday 2009 Flyer & Plans to Cope with Crowds
Wal-Mart's 2009 Black Friday ads and deals have been officially released. They had planned to release the official ads on November 23rd but when the deals started leaking all over the internet they were forced to release it. At first the deals were just speculation but now they are confirmed. Here are some of the leaked deals that Wal-Mart will be having on Black Friday:
- Magnavox Blu-ray player for $128
- HP desktop with 2GB RAM, 160GB and 19" LCD for $398
- Samsung 10.2MP Digital Camera with 3x zoom for $69
- Samsung 50" Widescreen HDTV for $798
For more deals visit here.
If you are looking fro information of the Target Black Friday Ads click here
For a summary of all the best Black Friday deals click here.
Wal-Mart's 2008 Black Friday shopping day was plagued by the death of an employee who was trampled to death. This year Wal-Mart is planning ahead by neatly and strategically organizing the shopping crowds. Everything will be organized by professional crowd movers who control events such as the Super Bowl and Olympics. The plan is:
- The majority of stores will open Thanksgiving morning at 6 a.m. and stay open all Friday night. By staying open all night shopping will hopefully not be concentrated to a few hours a day.
- To combat the opening sprint and scuffle people will be aloud to enter the store early and lineup right next to the display cabinet of the item they want. Store workers will also be there to supervise and handout popular items to prevent the scrappy first come, first get guerrilla tactics.
- To avoid the bottleneck at the single front entrance of every store there will be employees to direct the herds of people.
- Some stores plan to serve drinks and offer entertainment for shoppers waiting in line to calm the anxious and aggressive shoppers.
Some retailers are taking their Black Friday preparations pretty serious by performing dress rehearsals.
There have been numerous other recent crowd control issues:
- Black Friday 2008 - a Wal-Mart employee, Jdimytai Damour was trampled to death as a crowd rushed over top of him to be the first to shop when the store opened in the morning.
- Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard said via twitter the first 5 people to buy NBA Live 2010 (a video game) from Game Shop would get it free.
- A women at a Burlington Coat Factory in Ohio claimed to have won the lottery and would treat all shoppers to a complementary coat. She didn't win the lottery and a riot broke out.
Happy shopping, but be safe.