DrupalCon Szeged 2008 Fast Approaching
With just over one week remaining, Drupal's bi-annual conference is fast approaching. This time around the conference is being held in Szeged, Hungary. I'm no expert, but this could be one of the most exciting things to happen to the city since the birth of one of NowPublic's own developers, Peter Galiba.
Drupal is a web development framework and content management system. It's the base of the NowPublic website and quickly growing as one of the most popular CMS's on the web.
With just shy of 500 registered attendees, this will prove to be the largest European DrupalCon to date. There will be over 50 sessions in 4 tracks over the 4 days of the conference. Rasmus Lerdorf (creator of PHP) will be giving the Keynote for the conference. A lot of the sessions look interesting, but a few of the ones I definitely plan on attending are:
- Kyle Mathews: Introducing Memetracker
- Konstantin Käfer: Front End Performance – How to make your website blazingly fast
- Katherine Bailey, David Eads, Stella Power: jQuery in Drupal, part 1 & 2: jQuery basics
- Adrian Rossouw: Deploying and maintaining Drupal sites using the Aegir hosting system.
- Alex Barth, Aron Novak: A new aggregator for Drupal 7
- And of course the testing party! Angie Byron, Sam Boyer, Karoly Negyesi, Florian Loretan, Charlie Gordon, Damien Tournoud, Kyle Mathews, Nathaniel Catchpole: Testing, part 2: Awesome testing party!
I hope to be posting updates and photos as the conference progresses, so stay tuned :). I'll be tagging everything with drupalcon and drupalconszeged2008.
(re-posted from my personal blog here)