Improper Generator Use Causing Post-Sandy Carbon Monoxide Pois...
As in previous hurricanes, a small wave of generator deaths have also plagued Sandy’s aftermath.
While trying to keep warm and power vital utilities around their homes, some victims of Hurricane Sandy’s vicious rampage have died due to improper gas-powered generator use.
The devices convert gasoline into usable electricity and are frequently employed during power outages. Their use produces carbon monoxide (CO), a colorless, odorless gas that is toxic to humans and animals.
So far, at least nine people have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
A generator’s misuse was responsible for the death of a 59-year-old Trenton woman and caused seven of her family members to be treated at nearby hospitals, reports the Huffington Post.
Read more: http://newswalls.blogspot.com/2012/11/improper-generator-use-causing-post.html