Introduction to ITIL
The ITIL is expanded as IT Infrastructure Library and can be defined as a bunch of practices for service management in IT, which focuses on the alignment of IT services with the current needs of the business sector. The present form of ITIL is also known as the 2011 Edition of ITIL. Basically, ITIL is published as a series of 5 core publications. Each of these cores covers up a Lifecycle stage of ITIL.
What all does ITIL include?
ITIL includes a description of processes, tasks, procedures and checklists which are not of the organization-specific kind. In fact they are utilized by organizations that establish integration with the strategy of the organization itself, thus maintaining minimum-level competency and delivering value. Organizations working with ITIL will be allowed to create a baseline through which they can implement, measure and plan. Overall, it can be used to measure improvement and demonstrate compliance.
Where did ITIL originate?
ITIL is a an acronym registered as a trademark of the Cabinet Office of the United Kingdom. The ITIL publications belong to the Crown copyright.
Where to get ITIL training?
ATOs or Accredited organizations that provide training in ITIL are listed on the official website of ITIL. Getting trained through an ATO is the most recommended way of getting ITIL training. ATOs have the license to offer the training in ITIL courses. They provide the training material and assure quality training to their students.
What are the courses offered in ATOs?
· ITIL foundation: this course deals particularly with the basics and foundation of ITIL. The candidate is given general awareness bout the key elements involved in ITIL , important terminology and concepts used in the service Lifecycle of ITIL. After completing the course of ITIL V3 foundation, the candidate will be eligible to take up the next level of ITIL qualification, the ITIL intermediate level.
· ITIL intermediate: this course has a modular structure, including different modules that focus on different aspects of ITIL. Candidates can choose to take up the courses of their choice, based on the requirement. This level goes much deeper than the foundation and is known to be an industry-recognized course.
What is ITIL certification?
Authorized training centers provide ITIL certification to those of the candidates who successfully complete the examination in their chosen course of ITIL.
· ITIL foundation certification: this is like a passport to the further certifications in ITIL
· ITIL practitioner certification: this certification reflects the deep knowledge that the certified candidate has, regarding the subject. The certificate also speaks about the practice and specialty the person has gained in ITIL.
· ITIL V3 certification: it is the third and the latest version of ITIL certification. It is a series of training that basically includes 5 modules. Candidates earn credits after crossing each level. The examination comprises of 40 questions which are of the multiple choice type. Starting from this foundation level examination and after completing the capability modules or the Lifecycle modules, one can reach the expert level. A candidate is eligible to take up the examination for expert ITIL V3 certification, only if he has earned 22 credits so far.