Ipad: Top 6 Reasons Not To Buy The Apple Ipad Tablet
Ipad - The Apple Tablet Disappointing Deubt: Top 6 Reasons Not To Buy Ipad
The Ipad, Apple's new tablet device was announced and revealed today by Apple CEO Steve Jobs at a Live Event . The glorified press conference today was greeted with the usual dramatic flair and anticipation that greets any new product launch by Apple.
Having seen the video of the Apple tablet and having reviewed the tech specs for the Ipad, Apple's new device, while sleek and sweet looking, seems to fall short of the mark.
And so here are the top 6 reasons not to buy the Apple Ipad, or at least wait until the second generation of the device rolls out.
Right now it seems that Ipad is really a bigger Iphone, designed to run mainly iphone apps and do some some standard things like watching youtube videos and listening to music on itunes and checking email, throw in some e-book functionality and it may be a hit but right now I am not believing the hype
Ipad Top 6 Reasons Not To Buy
- Does Not Run OS X, No Intel Processor: So the ipad is using a special Apple 1 Ghz Processor designed to conserve power but the trade off is running third party applications (with the exception of iphone apps) and the fact that it does not run OS X means Apple has placed the ipad firmly between an itouch and a lap top - very bizarre.
- Low Battery Life - The ipad claims 10 hours of battery life - umm yeah right.
- Form Factor: You need a separate device to prop up the ipad and the back has no rubber backing. Yikes. Typing on flat surface is going to be tough
- No Flash: Youtube videos are fine but Apple seems to have a hate on for Flash - dont get it.
- Price: The 3G/Wifi version clocks in at $829 USD - The wifi only has a price tag of $429 USD. Plus, the data plans so if I already have an iphone, and a mac laptop, why would I need this thing?
- No Web Camera: The absence of a web camera makes no sense at all.
It is always a good idea to wait before buying any piece of new technology, Apple products included - companies need to time to see how the work in the market place, make adjustments, and release better versions.
Most Recommended Comment
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada