The magnificent Sumatran Tiger (Panthera tigris sumatrae)
The magnificent Sumatran Tiger is only found on the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. Or dream of seeing wild tigers?
We can't imagine a world without tigers!
Lots of special events too like "Tigers Show" - Animal wilds to see a real behavioural and habitats Sumatran tigers without go into jungle; kinds same like at Taman Safari (Wild Animal Park’s, Cisarua-Bogor, Indonesia). Tigers were named the world's favorite animal and tigers have topped a poll to find the world's favourite animal.
"A good relationship and ‘'touch of compassion' from learning about “Positive Relationships” are methods and doing fun to Sumatran Tigers!
We must work fast NOW to change the way people think and we prefer people called us as Animal Lovers, not as a " Super Hero" or as "Stud Tough" because we are 7 persons as a team work; with 2 (two) women and 5 (five) men are Keepers Tigers. But as a 'Keepers' we must be STRONG!"
After watching on the Tigers Show, I have a great time to meet and talking a few hours with Mr. Baedawi Putera, as a Senior Wilds Zoo-keeper Sumatran tigers;
He said : “ I am very inspired by the "True Story" Christian the Lion; I always keep it on my mind and I'm saying on my heart, same look like with our tigers here and we are believe it. I could watch this video so many times, maybe more than millions times and I'll be still smiling when the lion runs to them, like as he was thinking;
''hey…., my best friends came back for me! but every time Christian hugs them I just cry …and speechless! “
(In personally, I can feel and see clearly, when he talk/interview with him and I really understand how he has 'emotion' feel that's was so deeply touch how to respect his job as a Keepers Tigers, is not just talk about proud of his jobs. But he is working with pure heart, kindly, of course with his soul)
Background and Educated :
(My interviews: with Mr. Irawan as an Educated Program Manager)
He explain about many thinks and many reasons of the Background and Educated programs on Tiger Show at Taman Safari (Wild Animal Park’s) ;
And he said :
“ The destruction and degradation of tiger habitat. Indeed, not everyone liked and accepted by what we do They thought that's kind of circus show, there are who think that wildlife should remain wild and live in nature or circus/show animals perform from fear of punishment which is why whips and bullhooks are used as reminders during certain performances. Behind the scenes, training sessions of animals in circuses are brutal with "make or break'em" methods employed which involve numerous physical and psychological abuses.
At the conclusion of their performing days, animals have been sold to game preserves to be hunted, zoos, menageries and even medical experimentation.
But, we should be show must go on, people should be able to learn and see how wild animals-tiger-behave in good and positive thinks about it, hopefully of each show tigers at Taman Safari Indonesia, just to show people / visitors can be more loving wildlife. As "Mahatma Gandhi's philosophy and compassion extended to all people and actively included animals"; We and maybe we know as well, there have been hundreds of incidents involving animal attacks and escapes from wilds animal , often resulting death for both humans and animals. We are really understand and respect with others opinions good and bad news. Kind look like you are was have been here with us to observation and research for long years since 1999 ago, how are we keep and to take care our wild animals life collection in Taman Safari, Cisarua-Bogor, Indonesia. I though, you be enough to learn and know each others. You are is a normal and neutral person as reporter can to talk with the worlds is not in personally to know about us, our company and we will be appreciate to explain truth!”, said Mr. Irawan as an Educated Program Manager.
Educated - Habitat Sumatran Tigers are :
All many examples education program on habitat Sumatran Tigers are :
1. Tigers is predator of prey who have a great predatory instincts in the wild, as well we know how tigers' extremely strong jaws and sharp teeth make them superb predators or the ruthless predatory instinct of a tiger.
2. Including, Sumatran Tigers can jump more than 10 m forward in a single jump.
Tigers are the biggest cat, and can weigh up to 300 kg or Sumatran male tigers average 8 feet (2.438m) in length from head to tail and weigh about 265 lbs.(120.2 kg). Females average 7 feet (2.134 m) in length and weigh about 200 lbs (90.718 kg), and the Sumatran tiger has characteristic; each tiger usually has more than 100 stripes, and every Sumatran tiger world has it own unique pattern of shine yellows stripes like a gold or look like a bit like your fingerprint.
3. They do love the water," he said. Because tigers actually have webbed feet. and they are excellent swimmers. The webbing between their toes, when spread, enables the Sumatran tiger to be a very fast swimmer. It will, if given the chance, run hoofed prey, who are much slower swimmers, into the water.
We will and still prepare with the new cage and outdoor areas on the next new project this years.
The guidelines have since been elaborated to become known as the 'Five Freedoms' or behavioral freedom in animals and 'Welfare'.
Means are :
1. Freedom from hunger and thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
2. Freedom from discomfort - by Providing Appropriate an environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from pain, injury, and disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to express normal behavioral - by Providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal's own kind.
5. Freedom from fear and distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment avoid mental Suffering the which.
Attempts to Welfare are met:
1. The provision of facilities and infrastructure in accordance with the normal / natural behavior
2. supply of feed
3. Behavioral enrichment (*) or behavioral freedom in animal
4. Supervision and control of health
5. Animal population management
(*) Enrichment services, namely:
Give a best service to reduce/freedom to animal from boredom, stress; including :
• Stimulate behavioral: foraging, hunting (hunting), exploration
• Provide behavioral a choice of animals: moving, eating, hunting, mating, avoiding predators.
On the last interviews, something a good and meaningful words; when he said :
Kinds awareness same like when you work you do it from yours heart, and yours heart is that you bring love to the world. When you travel around the world you bring Indonesia on yours heart. You bring so much love in yours heart to the world and you hope peoples can feel that, easily! We just hope people see that we the people want change and will fight for it. We has been a very big part of the Indonesian community making it a very important role in every lives as well included wild life animals.
By interviews, located “Taman Safari” (Animal Wild Park’s), Cisarua-Bogor, Indonesia.
Zoo-Keepers, Teams Crews of Sumatran Tigers. (“Taman Safari” The Animal Wild Park’s, Cisarua-Bogor, Indonesia.
Essay Photos : (© All rights reserved-2011. Use without permission is illegal, or without permit this link /owners).
Les photos Wild Life du Illustrations documentaires, par
© "Nature's diversity" WINA Van Dijk Photographies-2011"
Les photos et textes présentés sont protégés par la licence Creative Commons. Utilisation ou reproduction interdites sans autorisation.