SAN BERNARDINO, July 11, 2008 (Cheetah Index)-The Malawi Expo says it is overwhelmingly impressed with the turn out at Malawi Expo 2008 which commenced from Tuesday July 1-3, 2008 at the Hilton Hotel in San Bernardino, California USA. Malawi Expo is a business consortium that exists to create a platform on which African companies and business showcase their products and services to those in the Diaspora.
It also serves as a networking platform where professionals and entrepreneurs from all over the world can interact, network and exchange ideas. Interested vendors may participate as exhibitors in the Malawi Expo 2009. Participating exhibitors have the opportunity to become trading partners with Malawi and to market their products and services to a global market.
“The Malawi Expo 2008, dubbed, "Positioning Malawi for Economic Growth and Prosperity” brought together indigenous participants and foreign participants from Kenya, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Republic of South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, United Kingdom, Pakistan, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Malawi Expo Executive Chairman Chauncy Jere said, "the Malawi Expo has started well from the ground as it is the 1st ever Malawi Expo. Next year we will organize another Expo .The presence of African business participants is so encouraging and this indicates how keen African entrepreneurs are in trying to transform the continent from mainly importing and consuming nations to predominantly producing and exporting nations."
Malawi Expo was officially opened by Malawi Ambassador to the USA, Her Excellency Hawa Ndilowe.
In her opening statement here's what Ndilowe had to say, "Malawi Expo patronage, especially from the Malawians in Diaspora, is so encouraging. And I must say, here, that this is line with both the public and private sectors' vision of changing Malawi from a predominantly importing and consuming nation to a producing and exporting one."
Her Excellency Ndilowe went on to urge Malawians in Diaspora, business community to continue putting more effort on increasing productivity as well developing export value goods and services, which according to her have a ready global market.
"Access for markets is not a problem for our country, but the only thing we need to focus on is how to increase productivity, as well as making sure that our commodities are of export quality."
Speaking in an interview one of the foreign participants, Misheal Khumalo Stone Sculptor of Mwara Galleries from United Kingdom said he was so pleased with how the Expo had been organized.
Speaking to the Malawi Expo organizers Khumalo said this, "Even though this is the first participation for my company at Malawi Expo, I would like to express my satisfaction with how this Expo has been organized, and I think the whole event will be successful to us and all exhibitors."
Inland Distributing Company –Distributors of Clear Essence merged as the Best Exhibitors at Malawi Expo 2008. When the Malawo Expo organizers asked The Bluefield Associates Inc (manufacturer of Clear Essence products) Vice President Research and Development Tembi Sukuta, "what's next?" he said that his company would like to open a manufacturing plant in Malawi. Which will be responsible for distribution into the southern African market.
Tembi Sukuta had this to say about receiving the Best Exhibitors at Malawi Expo 2008, "On behalf of Bluefield Associates Inc, I would like to convey my gratitude to Malawi Expo for recognizing us as the best exhibitor among the participating companies in this 1st Malawi Expo 2008. This participation is an encouragement to us we hope this will be an annual event.”
Exhibitors and Participants
- Malawi Ambassador to the USA, Her Excellency Hawa Ndilowe Malawi Embassy-Investments Attaché Patrick Mphepo.
- Comtech Kenya -Evans Kahuthu
- Blantyre Merchants Logistics
- Global Aids Interfaith Alliance- Karen Hayes
- Lavish and Lumicas -Tony Bandawe
- Pamtondo Records and Dudu Nsomba Publication-Dr John Lwanda
- Inland Distributing Companies (Distributors of Clear Essence)-Vice President Research and Development-Tembi Sukuta
- Misheal Khumalo- Stone Sculptor and Mwara Galleries
- Simple Capital Solutions – David Frank
- Sports Alliance of Malawi Dr. Sam Mchombo
- Ms Tee Creations
- Wanda Freight Enterprise- South Africa-Emmanuel Banda
- Mikes Trading Co– Mike Chilewe
- Kojo Amponsah- Tarbell Realtors
- L.J. Frame LLC –Gerry Torrence
- Edward W. Pilot Professional Corporation
- Jacaranda Foundation – Maria da Silva
Here are a few notable exhibitor achivements at the Malawi Expo
- Mishael Khumalo has appointed Tony Bandawe and Andrew Namanja to be his Agents in USA.
- Bluefield Associates Inc, to open Manufacture a plant – Joint venture with BMG Holdings.
- Wanda Freight Enterprise signed a joint venture partnership with Blantyre Merchants Logistics.
- Wanda Freight Enterprise to purchase modern coach buses.
- Mike Trading Co got a deal to manufacture trailers for Swertfegers Equipment Inc
- Comtech Kenya looking for business partners in Malawi.
- Wakale Logistics purchased 2 Freightliner Trucks .
- Lavish Clothing was launched.
- Dudu Nsomba Publication and Pamtondo Records sold some products.
- Flakers Investments was launched.
- Sports Alliance almost sold out of products.
Guest written by Chauncy Jere-Executive Chairman, Malawi Expo 2008
Malawi Expo 2008 Marked as a Success
uploaded by beninmw July 11, 2008 at 09:11 pm
349 views | 0 comments | 0 recommendations
349 views | 0 comments | 0 recommendations
NP! ID: 1297800
Title: Malawi Expo 2008 Marked as a Success
File Size: 1088 × 867 – 143.57 KB
Created: Fri, 07/11/2008 - 9:11pm
Modified: Fri, 07/11/2008 - 9:12pm
File Type: image (jpeg)