Muammar Gaddafi Dead: Twitter Reactions
Twitter Reacts to Moammar Gadhafi's Death
Twitter has made the entire world feel that it was part of the Arab Spring, and the rapid spread of the news of Muammar Gaddafi's death was no exception. Twitter lit up with reactions, ranging from thoughtful remarks to attempts at humor. A selection can be seen below, as well as feeds from the #gaddafi, #gadhafi and #gadhafislastwords hashtags.
You'll note that most jokes center around versions of "how do you spell Gadhafi/Gaddafi".
- Remi Kanazi: Awesome! We get to celebrate death again. Gaddafi is dead. Let's pass around photos, high five, & cheer on looking at a corpse.
- Stephen Sidlo: #gaddafi found with golden pistols? Like the ones out of Face-Off? (He is referring to the golden gun waved by an NTC fighter.)
- someecards: Let's celebrate the end of trying to spell Gaddafi.
- Matt Bellamy: Saddam Hussein ☑ - Osama Bin Laden ☑ - Col. Gaddafi ☑ - Justin Bieber ☐
- Rob Delaney: RIP Khaddafi. Also, RIP Qaddafi. And let us not forget: RIP Ghaddafi. And just to be safe, RIP Caddaphee.
- Sentletse: Gaddafi was summarily executed with a 9mm pistol. A war-crime according to international law.
- Robert Rotich: There are 112 different ways to spell Gaddafi. Wowza.
- Occupy Wall Street: Congrats Libya! Your struggles against the #Gadhafi regime is over. Let's hope for a bright future #solidarity