nextMEDIA Announces Digital Hot List Competition
nextMEDIA is searching for new players about to make waves in the digital space. The Digital Hot List Competition is open to content producers, developers and digital superstars who have been around for two years or less, with the hottest new websites, web shows, branded content ideas and innovative technologies. Criteria is available at http://www.banff2010.com/digital.hot.list. Submission must include:
- What makes your product unique
- audience target & demographic
- opportunity for brand integration
- intentions for development (where applicable)
Eight finalists will be promoted on the Digital Hot List and showcased in front of advertisers looking for new sponsorship opportunities, brand integration opportunities and new creative partners. Finalists will be invited to attend nextMEDIA which takes place alongside the renowned Banff World Television Festival, June 13-16 in Banff, Canada.Digital Hot List Judges include key players in the ad business: Adrian Capobianco, president & partner, Quizative Inc
- Corby Fine, director, business development, Rogers Digital Media & Marketing
- Ariel Vinizki, group account director, Maclaren McCann
- Barry Hillier, chief visionary officer, Dashboard
- Trisha Quenneville, director of digital, Lowe Roche
- Dawna Henderson, president & CEO, henderson bas
- Dré Labre, creative director, Rethink Toronto
- Jason McCann, VP, ECD, digital, Taxi Canada Inc.
- Ryan Wolman, creative director, henderson bas
- Matt Di Paola, senior vice president, managing director, Proximity
- Mike Kasprow, vice president & creative director, Trapeze
From there, four winners get to pitch their business in front of a live audience at nextMEDIA and the Banff World Television Festival 2010. All finalists gain massive exposure at the industry’s biggest media events.
“The Digital Hot List is about more than just celebrating top digital talent and production. It connects the talent with advertisers looking for investment opportunities, partnerships and product placement deals,” says Mark Greenspan, nextMEDIA’s Executive Producer. “Agencies come to nextMEDIA looking for new ideas and technologies to pitch their brands; there are significant business deals to be made through the Digital Hot List. We are thrilled to be facilitating this next generation marketplace.”
Digital Hot List past winners include Chick Advisor, the hugely popular on-line beauty and fashion resource and social media network, and the multi-platform superstars of Bitchin’ Kitchen.
“The Digital Hot List rocks!” says Bitchin’ Kitchen’s Josh Dorsey. “Being nominated, attending nextMEDIA Banff, and ultimately winning the award took the Bitchin' brand to the next level of exposure and opportunity. I'd say that our network of interested industry partners - from ad agencies to tech companies - grew five-fold.”
Deadline for submissions to the Digital Hot List is May 3rd, 2010. Submission and category information is available onhttp://www.banff2010.com/digital.hot.list.php
nextMEDIA Banff will take place concurrently with the Banff World Television Festival from June 13-16, 2010 at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. www.banff2010.com