Prop 8 Ruling: Twitter Reactions
California Court Rules on Prop 8: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional
On February 7, 2012, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled on Proposition 8, which would ban same-sex marriage in California. The court found Prop 8 unconstitutional.
Reaction online was swift, and Twitter has been blowing up as news of the Prop 8 ruling spreads. You can see a sample of the reactions below.
- jessiewolf: "Thank you 9th Circuit. THANK YOU."
- queercritic: "Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional. Whatever one thinks of gay marriage, this must be seen a victory over the forces of homophobia."
- kh2o: "prop 8 unconstitutional! i'm a real person!"
- mnmcglynn: "Glad for the decision on prop 8. The reality is that nothing changes until the supreme court rules and that won't be for another year."
- indecision: ""What's next? People marrying their dog?" - Person who secretly wants to marry their dog."