A. Samuels: 'Livin De Life' Slaps Hip-Hop in the Face
'Livin De Life': A. Samuels Makes Worst Rap Track Ever
Thanks, Reddit, for screwing up my faith in humanity yet again. Meet "rapper" A. Samuels, who is supposedly a casino exec who (erroneously) thinks he can rap. Maybe if we share the URL for A. Samuels' "Livin De Life" with Rebecca Black's classmates, the "Friday" star can re-matriculate into the public school system, safe in the knowledge that there's a performer who's even more worthy of shame.
- This guy is 55, and should therefore know better.
- It should be "Livin' Da Life", not "Livin De Life".
- I'm blown away by how bad these lyrics are.
- Why is Dallas Mavericks star Jason Terry in this video?
- Some of the production of the video is pretty good, but the CGI blunt smoke may be the weakest thing I've seen all day.
- When Fab 5 Freddy said, "It's about time people started paying attention to this rap sh*t" in Wild Style, this is not what he meant.
The video and performance are obviously real, though it's hard to verify the whole "casino magnate-turned-rapper" story. Whether there really is some misguided New Jersey casino magnate out there or not, this video has been foisted upon our senses, the slew of remixes is surely underway by now.
Allen Samuels shouldn't quit his day-job, since he's obviously doing very well. As for entering the rap game, A. Samuels almost (and I mean almost) makes Rich Hil look semi-legit. These two should square off in a rap battle, a la Mike and Raindrop.
Also see: 2011 Forbes List of 20 Richest Rappers