Top 10 Israeli, Internet-related Products to Boycott
For those intent on boycotting Israel as a non-violent and effective response to the killing and tormenting havoc Israeli's invading army is causing Palestinian civilians, here is a list of Tech&Biz companies developed by and/or dependent on the Israeli technology industry. Please add to it. See Karen Hatter's story A Call to Boycott Israel for background and NowPublic World link.
Some consumer-related Israeli-initiated, -developed products and related companies for Israel punishing Internet- and computer-related BOYCOTTERS are:
- SanDisk - Data storage - compactflash memory cards, ImageMate, PC cards, chipsets, multimedia cards and flashdrive, for digital cameras, PDAs, and mobile computing - is an Israeli company. M-Systems, an Israeli company, developed the USB-Flash Drives, used for portable digital information storage all over the world. The company was acquired by SanDisk, the world's leader in the flash storage market, established by an Israeli.
- AOL® instant messenger (AIM®/ICQ®) was created in Israel.
- Major parts of Windows operating systems were developed in Israel. One of Microsoft's three Strategic Development Centers, outside the US, is in Israel.
- Intel® Centrino® technology developed in Israel. Intel® has four major Intel centers in Israel. These centers were the origin of Pentium® MMX technology, Dothan / Centrino and Pentium 4. Israel was Intel's first development center outside the US.
- Checkpoint, the world's leader in online security and inventor of Firewall, is an Israeli company.
- Motorola's commercial cell phone was developed in Israel. Motorola has its largest development center in Israel.
- Voice Mail technology, as we know it today, was developed in Israel by Comverse.
- Exent Technologies, the global market leader in the secure digital delivery of games, was ranked the 9th fastest growing company on the 2005 Deloitte Israel Fast 50. Exent’s EXEtender™-based products and services are currently in commercial use by Atari, Bell Canada, Comcast, Deutsche Telekom, France Telecom, KPN, RCN, Swisscom, Telefonica, Telenet, Verizon and other leading service providers worldwide.
- Zend Technologies - the PHP Company - 2006 Israel Technology Fast 50 Winner.
- Shopping.com, an eBay company, pioneered online comparison shopping and today is one of the fastest growing shopping destinations.