The Top Ten Viral Videos of 2010
Looking Back on 2010's Top Viral Videos
Let's get into it: the top viral videos of 2010, as decided by... us. Surprisingly, not all the videos that make the cut this year were salacious or criminal or disgusting. This is very refreshing. In no particular order, here are the top ten viral videos of 2010 that got everyone talking.
- Pants on the Ground: General Larry Platt's bizarre American Idol performance was far more enjoyable than the rest of the series.
- Trololo: Edward Anatolevich Hill's Russian classic got new life--and countless remixes--on the internet.
- Bathroom Stall Sex Video :You watched it, but then you went, "Ew!"
- Racist Lady Videos: A postal worker's encounter with Erika Winchester ignited the web's righteous indignation.
- Bed Intruder: Antoine Dodson's on-air warning to his sister's would-be rapist became a media-spanning meme, with a little help from Autotune.
- Double Rainbow: Paul Vasquez swears he wasn't high when he recorded this.
- Jessi Slaughter: Not everyone who quoted "consequences will never be the same" knew the source of this one: a tween's ill-advised trolling of 4chan had the predictible, if nasty, consequences: this is what happens when anonymous trolls beat up on an 11-year-old girl.
- Doodling in Math Class: Vi Hart drove mad traffic with funny little videos demonstrating mathematical principles. The most unlikely hit on the list, and my personal favorite.
- Greyson Chance: Young teen's piano version of Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" took the web by storm. The kid is pretty good.
- ICP's 'Miracles' video: "Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?"
Lists like these are almost intended for you to go, "Wait! You forgot [video x]! What are you thinking?!" Okay, so what video did we miss?
Also check out our other 2010 Best-of's: