Washington Foreclosures Can Represent a Way for Homeowning
The price of Washington foreclosures dropped in many towns and cities over the course of the last month. This means that foreclosed homes continue to represent a potentially attractive purchase for would-be new homeowners. Prices have increased over the last month for the following:
* The price of Yakima foreclosures increased by 8.64%. There are currently 239 foreclosed homes available with an average price of $163,000.
Several cities in Washington have shown rather substantial decreases in the price of purchased foreclosures over the course of the last month. The average price is the median price for homes sold during the month, so a reduction in sales of higher priced homes can affect the average.
* The price of Puyallup foreclosures fell by 28.83%. At present there are 1142 foreclosed homes listed on the market at an average price of $214,000.
* The price of Auburn foreclosures fell by 18.51%. There are 557 foreclosed homes on the market right now at an average price of $190,000.
* The price of Lynnwood foreclosures fell by 11.46%. There are currently 754 foreclosed homes on the market at an average list price of $200,000.
* The price of Olympia foreclosures fell by 9.75%. There are 561 foreclosed homes on the market right now at an average price of $242,000.
The state of Washington is a vibrant economic area with an interesting combination of industries. Microsoft and Boeing represent the high tech industries while it is also a significant producer of agricultural crops. Apples, grapes, and various fruits and vegetables all make Washington, a significant producer of foodstuffs. Seattle is also known for its coffee and salmon.
The landscape varies from lush forests in the coastal range to the dry upland prairies of the eastern part of the state. There are four active volcanoes in the state, mostly away from populated areas. Outdoor activities include a wide variety of attractions.
Institutions of higher education include two PAC-10 schools, the University of Washington and Washington State University, and Seattle University, the largest private school in the northwest.
Washington is an attractive place to live. Any family looking to buy one of the available Washington foreclosures should begin to look at what is available. The combination of lower housing prices and the lowest mortgage rates in a generation will frequently mean that a family can purchase a home for a lower monthly cost than rent for a comparable property.