Yahoo Twitter Deal: Yahoo to Integrate Twitter in Search Results
Yahoo and Twitter has reached a deal to have tweets integrated with Yahoo's search engine. Yahoo announced on Tuesday that they will have struck a deal with Twitter. The deal will allow Yahoo to have live streams of tweets on their websites, including those in sports, entertainment, and finance.
Yahoo plans to display relevant Twitter results alongside articles or sports events.
"We believe that the content and context side of things is very unique," Yahoo Vice President of Communities Jim Stoneham told Reuters in an interview.
Microsoft and Google have struck similar deals with Twitter, enabling the search engine giants to display relevant tweets on search result pages.
Yahoo revealed the deal on Twitter earlier today, with five clues:
- Clue #1/5: Who has approx 29,000 followers as of this morning? #ybignews
- Clue #2/5: What kind of “moon” had teen moviegoers swooning last fall? #ybignews
- Clue #3/5: Who might you greet with a friendly “howdy”? #ybignews (use hashtag for previous clues)
- Clue #4/5:What’s both a sugar substitute & a mathematical symbol? #ybignews (use hashtag for previous clues-forms a phrase)
- Final clue: A little birdie told us to find them @twitter #ybignews Thanks for following us (winners notified soon)
Two minutes after the final clue, Yahoo formally announced the deal with Twitter:
Our big news: Yahoo! and Twitter give wings to your social world--details here: http://bit.ly/bpFedh