The Best Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Pumpkin roll is a popular dessert during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Season. It is a cake-like dessert that can satisfy the craving of delicious cake and cream cheese.
Utensils and Items Needed
Pam (or other grease for cookie sheet)
Pumpkin Cake Ingredients
1 Cup Sugar
¾ Cup Flour
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
2/3 Cup Pumpkin Pie Filling
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 teaspoon Ginger
½ teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ Cup nuts (optional)
8 oz cream cheese
¼ Cup margarine
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat eggs for three minutes or until thick.
3. Mix in sugar, lemon juice, and pumpkin filling.
4. Blend in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
5. Grease and Flour a cookie sheet.
6. Place waxed paper over cookie sheet.
7. Pour batter on to paper
8. If opting for nuts, sprinkle them over the batter.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until done in the center (stick a toothpick into the bottom, if the toothpick comes out clean, the middle is done).
10. Loosen edges and remove waxed paper.
11. Roll a towel or cheese cloth in powdered sugar.
12. Then, roll the pumpkin cake onto the towel and cool about 45 minutes.
13. Mix together the filling ingredients until creamy.
14. After the pumpkin cake as cooled, unroll the pumpkin log, spread the cream filling and re-roll the log.
15. Cut into ½ inch slices and refrigerate until they are ready to be served.
Dazzle family and friends with this delicious recipe and your holiday dinner will end joyfully. This pumpkin pie recipe is so good, you can tell everyone it’s your secret recipe!