is reporting from
Top Sicilian beaches for your summer vacations
ChristinaVlahova | July 17, 2007 at 05:43 amby
4772 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
The most beautiful beaches in Sicily are:
Mondello is an ancient fishermen's village near Palermo. It is much famous for the gastronomic event and for the ancient "tonnara". It is full of restaurants, bar and pizzerie.
Mazzarò is the name of the small bay under Taormina. From here, you can visit the "Grotta Azzurra"(Blue Cave) and "Isola Bella", a protected marine area. Moreover there are the beaches of Mazzeo and Spisone.
San Vito lo Capo:
San Vito lo Capo is near Trapani. Its beaches are important also for the presence of "tonnare" towers where there is the fishing of the tunas. Near San Vito lo Capo, there is the wonderful Zingaro Reserve.
The Island of the Currents :
This Island is in the south side of Sicily. It is connected to the land by a thin cliff strip. In this island, there are some abandoned houses. For surf and windsurf, the Island of the Currents is a perfect place!
The natural reserve of Vendicari in Syracuse :
In the province of Syracuse, there is the natural reserve of Vendicari, where you can see the migratory birds and the turtles that deposit their eggs.
On the east coast of Sicily there are: the Playa beach of Catania, the reef of Acicastello and Acitrezza, the gravely shoreline of Fondachello.
Marina di Ragusa, Marina di Modica, Pozzallo and Sampieri are some of the most beautiful beaches near Ragusa. These are sand beaches with a limpid sea.
This place is on the Tyrrhenian sea, in Messina. From the wonderful extended of sand in Capo D'orlando, you can see the Aeolian Islands. In Vulcano, one of the seven Islands, there is the beach of "Sabbie Nere", a black sand beach.
The beach of Cefalù is in the province of Palermo. Some of the best beaches of Cefalù, with limpid waters, are : Salinelle, Capo Playa, Mazzaforno/Ogliastrillo, Caldura, S.Ambrogio, Finale di Pollina.
Summer vacations tips to enjoy better your experience:
In Sicily there are some free beaches but in many zones, there are paid beaches for the enter. In these places you can find bar and restaurants. The tickets are from 5 to 15 € (for cabins and deckchair).
* The beaches are equipped of Internal Security Service.
* If you see the red flag on the river means that there are bad conditions of weather.
* The number of the coastguard is 1530.
* Control the depth of the water.
* Avoid immersions or dives in waters that are not transparent, because there will be rocks or submerged obstacle. Enrico Forte is the editor Volcanoetna.com and he is an expert about trekking trips in the Sicily island. Enrico is one of the expert writer ItalyTravelNotes is very happy to collaborate with. This article was written to be first published in Italy Travel Notes. If you need a travel guide to Sicily Holidays we do heartily recommend that you visit Volcanoetna.com for this expert advise.