is reporting from
Working Smoke Detector Could Have Saved 4 In Southfield Fire
Barry Mcconaghey | February 27, 2007 at 11:06 pmby
440 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
February 27, 2007 Michigan - A nonworking smoke detector was blamed for the deaths of two mothers and their two young sons in a Southfield apartment Monday morning. Cassandra (Sandy) Motley, 23, and her 3-year-old son, Keyambe Motley, died of smoke inhalation, along with 26-year-old Sherrie Tobe and her 2-year-old son, Tremaine Tobe, after a pan caught fire on a burner that hadn't been turned off Sunday night. The Tobes of Detroit were visiting the Motleys in the second-floor apartment at the Silver ...