12 Best Beer Summit Headlines: Beer Diplomacy Brews Media Frenzy
Now that the Obama-Gates-Crowley beer summit is over, already I am feeling a bit nostalgic. It has been an intoxicating week for all of us reporting or following the news. The level of ingenuity in media is most vividly expressed through the headlines. It is, after all, a once in a life time opportunity to use beer puns in national political news headlines. Here is an unscientific top 12 headlines over the week:
- "Coalition of the Swilling" (CBS News)
- "The audacity of hops" (ABC)
- "Ale to the Chief" (MSNBC)
- "Beer Seers Pick Powwow Fave" (The New York Post)
- "Red, Light, and Blue"
- "Watered down"
- "Suds Summit"
- "Beer fest: Please get it over with. Thank you."
- "A cop, a Politician and a Professor walk into a Bar..." (Gawker)
- "The moment is beer: Obama, Gates, Crowley to chat" (San Francisco Chronicle)
- "Obama Beer Summit Choice Make for a Happy Hour" (NPR)
- "Will Beer Summit Leave Hangover for Obama?" (Business Exchange)
Source: CBS News
The New Yorker did a piece on how the beer summit could (should) have been: A Beer with Obama.
Lastly, my personal favourite, a comic sketch by xkcd: Understocked.
Tell me what I missed!