2012 Presidential Platform for genuine change
Terrence Reed's 2012 Presidential Platform for genuine change:
(excludes any congressional support)
1) No Inaugural Celebration party.
2) Refuse the Nobel Prize if offered to me.
3) Retire Air Force One ($181,000+ per hour) and pay off the mortgage on the home of an unemployed worker every hour instead.
4) Take no vacations, I will not leave Washington D.C. for the four years I am in office.
5) I will disband the Secret Service, I will give the local police jurisdiction over the White House and over the protection of former presidents, just like every other American. (The barricades in front of the White House will likewise disappear)
6) Promise open pardon for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. I will pardon all soldiers who refused to serve overseas, anyone imprisoned for or convicted of terrorism or any form of protest, as well as anyone who refuses to leave their home when it is foreclosed upon or workplace when they are laid off.
7) Refuse pardon for any former President of the United States, or cabinet member thereof, and will not retain any cabinet members from prior administrations.
8) Fire every General in The Pentagon without benefits.
9) Open all military and government documents to the public.
10) Open the US military, National Guard, and Peace Corps to every American citizen, with the guarantee of a minimum $30,000/year, room and board, with the goal of supporting local business, farms and infrastructure in every community in the USA.
11) Close all military bases outside of the USA: GITMO, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Okinawa, Germany, and hundreds more.
12) Order all vessels in the US Navy to return to port in the USA.
13) Ban all sales of armaments outside of the United States, especially to Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Israel, India, Iraq and Afghanistan.
14) Disband the Republican and Democratic parties (the true opiate of masses).
15) Ban the "Two Minutes' Hate" on all public airwaves (see Orwell’s 1984).
16) Disband the TSA, let airports take care of their own security.
17) Disband the NSA/CSS and publish all prior actions online.
18) Disband the CIA and publish all prior actions online.
19) Disband Homeland Security and publish all prior actions online.
20) Nulify the Patriot Act.