26\11 catch Kasab denies all charges
New twist to the Mumbai Blast case, the prizes catch of the 26/11, a Pakistani gunman Kasab is now saying that he had been forced to confess.
In a dramatic twist to the 26/11 terror attacks case, main accused Mohammad Ajmal Kasab on Friday retracted from his earlier statement
and claimed he was forcibly made to confess.
Denying all charges against him, Kasab said the statement was made under duress.
The lone surviving terrorist captured by the police during the Mumbai attacks was scheduled to give a statement today on evidence introduced against him by the prosecution for his alleged role in the 26/11 terror attacks.
The Pakistani gunman also said in court today he had met US-based Lashkar-e-Taiba operative David Coleman Headley in jail some time after the attacks.
Kasab had made three confessions after his arrest. One was admission of guilt before police soon after his arrest, the other confession was made before a magistrate which is admissible as evidence and the third one was in the trial court when the accused accepted his guilt partially.
Clearly Kasab has decided not to stick to any of these confessions when the court recorded his version today.
In his confession to police, Kasab had given his entire training schedule in a Lashkar-e-Taiba camp in Pakistan. He also named some of the trainers and the regimen he followed since his induction into LeT.
In the confession before a magistrate, Kasab has spelt each and every aspect of his training, the terror plan and voyage to Mumbai, killing of Amarsinh Solanki-- the navigator of Kuber trawler, touching the shores of Mumbai in a dingy and finally his role in the 26/11 terror attacks.
One more twist to the Mumbai blast case, now the prized catch 'Kasab' says that he had been forced to confess before the magitrate.
In this confession, he also named LeT founder Hafeez Sayed, his indoctrination, the role played by LeT chief of operations Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi alias Chacha.