70 school kids hospitalised after food poisoning
Sanjay Jha | November 20, 2008 at 02:02 amby
149 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
About 70 school children were hospitalised near Delhi on Wednesday following food poisoning. Doctors and officials suspect either the daily mid-day meal they were served in the school or jatropha fruits could have caused the illness.
Children of the Government Primary School Number One in Nistoli Village, Loni, were given these seeds by their teacher about 1 pm, shortly after their mid-day meal. Bablu, a class III student said: "Our teacher gave us the seeds and also had some herself. After eating them, I started vomiting and got diarrhoea.''
Sources said that while some children showed similar symptoms immediately, there were others who fell ill as late as 6.30 pm. The police rushed 53 children to two government hospitals in Ghaziabad while 20 others were admitted to GTB hospital.