I'd like to put this idea forward.
Who was saving the children whilst this shop wasted vital money on refurbishment?
It is my opinion that charities are a major part of the problems that we have in our society,
I have personally given my time to charities, the homeless in slough, I never learnt too much about the running of the charity, just to say there are paid people and there are unpaid people, I was in the latter category. I gave my time because I wanted to do something.
As a very young teenager way back in the 70's I used to step over the homeless on my way to and from work, now many many years later homelessness in the UK is worse, this fact is clear proof to me that the present system doesn't work, not for the homeless anyway.
Ok how should we fund the needy causes if charities were abolished?
1) The government should set up a brand new department and appoint a new "Minister for causes".
2) Gift Aid and every other tax fiddle and scam associated with charities should be abolished and the monies should go directly into the government coffers.
3) The children, the homeless and all the other needy causes should be helped and supported at a more local level from local councils.
What could a children's charity based in the better parts of central London do to help a young abused child in the outer Hebrides?
The benefits of this new system are......
Over 190,387 presently paid administrators and many many more people including fund-raisers could offer there services for absolutely nothing, the government charity department could pay these volunteers weekly benefits, thereby cutting the cost of extreme wages.
Dealing with funding and administration centrally in one government department abolishes the need for all the current administrative charity buildings, thereby saving.....
1) The upkeep costs of these properties.
2) The rent.
3) Electricity, water and other utility bills associated with the running costs
Can you see the massive savings in all aspects? they would all be cut.
- New Government Department (oversees and collects)
- Local Councils (dish out)
- Local people volunteer
- The empty properties that the old charities vacate could either be sold off or converted into new homes for the homeless.
- Massive savings on heating 190,387 buildings and saving the environment at the same time.
- No more need for backslapping celebrity parties or phoney TV charity causes
- No more need for emotional media marketing via TV, Newspaper, Radio, Cinema and roadside advertising.
- Only those people that really cared would help as volunteers, all other hangers on could go and get a proper job.
Worldwide catastrophes such as third world starvation, earth quakes, tsunamis and such like would be funded by the government (us)
Woof Woof, Give a dog a bone, Keep your money and pay your tax properly