Baby died of salt overdose in hospital
POLICE are probing the death of a baby who died after being given a suspected salt overdose in hospital.
The tiny boy, who had been born prematurely, had been on a saline solution drip.
Horrified nurses realized his sodium levels had suddenly rocketed and he was acutely dehydrated. Medics desperately fought to save him but he lost his fight for life three days later.
What a horrifying mistake by a nurse, it's sad the baby died but can you imagine the nurse that made the mistake must feel. My heart goes out to the babies parents and I share the pain that the nurse must be feeling.