Balloon boy parents Richard and Muyami Heene enter guilty pleas
The parents of Falcon Heene who created a hoax last month with regard to the six year old having taken off in a runaway helium balloon will enter pleas of "Guilty" in court, their attorney says, thus avoiding jail time.
The mother will admit to a charge of false reporting, while the father, Richard Heene, will admit to "attempting to influence a public servant". The latter is a very strange way, this writer thinks, of saying the more straightforward "misleading an official investigation".
Police accused the family of masterminding the 15 October incident as part of a publicity bid.
The couple, who have three children, will enter their pleas at Larimer County Court on Friday, a statement from their lawyer says.