Cain team denies report of sexual harassment
WASHINGTON—Herman Cain's campaign manager Mark Block says the Republican presidential candidate -- quote -- "has never sexually harassed anybody. Period. End of story."
Block told MSNBC that he is not personally aware of any settlement dealing with Cain and sexual harassment.
He referred questions to the National Restaurant Association.
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain's campaign denied allegations Sunday that he was twice accused of sexual harassment while he was the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.
In a statement to The Associated Press, his campaign disputed a Politico report that said Cain had been accused of sexually suggestive behavior toward at least two female employees.
The report said the women signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them five-figure financial payouts to leave the association and barred them from discussing their departures. Neither woman was identified.
The report was based on anonymous sources and, in one case, what the publication said was a review of documentation that described the allegations and the resolution.
Cain's campaign told the AP that the allegations were not true, and amounted to unfair attacks.
Most Recommended Comment
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States