Canada: Stephane Dion Finds his Inner Trudeau
Barry ORegan | June 22, 2008 at 06:33 amby
254 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
Barry Artiste, Now Public Contributor
H-M-M-M that's easy to compare:
- Dion waffles on everything, while Trudeau enjoyed everything on his waffles, everything from dating and bedded celebs like Barbara Streisand (when she was hot) and bedded a bevy of starlets (Bill Clinton has nothing on Trudeau).
- Trudeau danced a jig for the Queen, Dion most likely has all of Queens albums.
- Trudeau was Disco Stu, while Dion is Ned Flanders.
- Trudeau enjoyed fine wine, while Dion enjoys whining.
- Trudeau was bilingual, easily switching from English to French with ease. Dion is bilingual, easily flustered when speaking both languages.
- Trudeau had a charming disposition with the masses, Dion thinks disposition means sitting on the toilet to Pee!
- Trudeau's 21 year old wife partied with the Stones and got High. Dion's wife, like Dion like plain water, with bread for dipping in, thank you very much.
- Trudeau dodged the draft during the second world war, Dion wasn't born yet.
- Trudeau died a few years ago, Dion's popularity died as soon as he opened his mouth.
I hope this clears up any comparisons between the two.
Stephane Dion finds his inner Trudeau
Posted: June 20, 2008, 6:00 PM by Kelly McParland
It’s probably not fair to compare Stéphane Dion to Pierre Trudeau. He lacks both the Great Man’s outsize personality and formidable faults. He is charisma-free. He might be impressive in French but in English he can clear a room as effectively as Trudeau could entrance one. He appears to have an honest concern for Canada’s less fortunate and a desire to do something about it; Trudeau was dismissive, when not contemptuous, of lesser mortals and those lacking his gifts.
But that is not to say there aren’t similarities between the two, beyond their Quebec roots and academic credentials. (Trudeau took on his professorial duties as a diversion; Dion has to work for a living.)
These members have powered this story: