Caylee Anthony: Remains Identified as Those of Missing Toddler
Albert Milliron | December 19, 2008 at 11:09 amby
651 views | 31 Recommendations | 5 comments
The five-month mystery ended today when authorities confirmed that skeletal remains discovered in woods last week belong to the missing two-year-old girl.
WESH in Orlando is reporting information revealed at the 2 pm News Conference
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office revealed Friday that the remains found near the Anthony home last Thursday are in fact those of Caylee Marie Anthony.Dr. Jan C. Garavaglia, the medical examiner, made the announcement during a 2 p.m. news conference. She said the identification was made through DNA match at the FBI lab in Virginia. She said the death was by homicide, but she is not able yet to say how the child was killed.Garavaglia said the remains were bones only. Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary declined to say what, if anything, else was found at the scene.
NowPublic Related Stories
- Casey Update: Tipster Called 3x's in August
- Possible Identification of Caylee Anthony; Awaiting Dna Results
- What Are Caylee's Grandparents Hiding?
- Mother Indicted in Caylee Anthony Case
- Armchair Detectives' Casey Anthony Theories
- DNA Confirms identity of Caylee Anthony
- Medical Examiner: Skeletal Remains Are Caylee Anthony's
- Man who found skull in Caylee case sent police tips months ago
- Timeline of Caylee Anthony Case, News and Videos
Breaking, More to Follow
Most Recommended Comment
tjacksonThese members have powered this story: