Conklin Dairy Farms Animal Abuse Video: Mercy For Animals
Conklin Dairy Farms Animal Abuse Allegations: Mercy For Animals Undercover Video Captures Horrific Abuse of Cows.
Conklin Dairy Farms Inc., is responding to animal abuse footage captured on video by animal advocacy group, Mercy For Animals.
The video shows awful animal abuse with a newborn calf being stopped on in the head, cows being hit with metal bars, and being stabbed with pitchforks.
A statement from the farm says a worker shown in the abuse footage has been fired.
In explaining the immediate termination of the employee found committing the abuses shown in the video, Conklin said "We will not condone animal abuse on our farm. We have launched our own internal investigation into this matter and will be conducting interviews with everyone on our farm who works with our animals."
"We are cooperating fully with law enforcement authorities overseeing this situation. Further, our farm will institute immediate retraining of all those who remain on the farm and who work with our animals." Sources within the industry say a criminal investigation is currently underway, but the Union County Prosecuting Attorney has yet to make a formal public statement on the issue.
Mercy For Animals and advocacy, pro-vegan, group says it conducted a four week undercover investigation at the Conklin Farms, an Plain City, Ohio dairy farm.
During a four-week investigation between April and May, MFA's investigator documented farm workers:
- Violently punching young calves in the face, body slamming them to the ground, and pulling and throwing them by their ears
- Routinely using pitchforks to stab cows in the face, legs and stomach
- Kicking "downed" cows (those too injured to stand) in the face and neck – abuse carried out and encouraged by the farm's owner
- Maliciously beating restrained cows in the face with crowbars – some attacks involving over 40 blows to the head
- Twisting cows' tails until the bones snapped
- Punching cows' udders
- Bragging about stabbing, dragging, shooting, breaking bones, and beating cows and calves to death
The Conklin Dairy Farm Video (WARNING: Graphic and Disturbing)