Death By Twitter: Maria Barbu Electrocuted by Laptop in Bathtub
Maria Barbu was found dead by her parents in a bath on June 17. The teenager was electrocuted by her laptop, while Twittering. The accidental Twitter death occurred in Brasov, Romania.
A teenage girl was electrocuted after dropping her laptop into the bath as she twittered in the tub.
Update: Pro TV, a Romanian news network, has reported that the tween's name was Flavia Boricean, not Maria Barbu. Also the laptop did not fall into the bathtub, but instead electricity was conducted through Flavia Boricean's wet hand.
Flavia B., o tânără în vârstă de 17 ani din Braşov, a fost găsită moartă duminică aseară, în baia apartamentului familiei sale.
Flavia Boricean's childhood friend has posted an online memorial to her on Blogger.