Draconian laws needed to stop terrorist violence destroying Bda
Worry Seems to Grip Bermuda as Weekend Falls
It appears that following weekend after weekend of shootings, and especially the previous weekend which saw 1 brutal murder, 3 others shot, and 1 man stabbed…many Bermudians appear to be in an on-the-ready state.
The local rumor mill was on overdrive today, with texts flying reporting a shooting this morning, which turned into reports of a policeman being shot. Bernews refuted this on Twitter, and shortly after someone called a radio talk show reporting the “shooting”, ZBM’s Gary Moreno, as well as Dwayne Caines of the Police Media relations took to the airwaves to assure residents there had been no shootings, with Mr Caines asking the community to be responsible in the spread of information.
An email is spreading like wildfire describing plans for a savage gang initiation, combined with rapidly growing talk that a recent death the Police clearly stated was not a homicide – was a homicide and it is being “covered up”.
A state of grave concern seems to have gripped some of Bermuda as the weekend arrives, as the last four weekends have all seen shootings; with a total of 2 murders, 7 people shot, and 2 additional incidents of guns being fired with no injury – all on the weekend. The most recent weekend saw an average of one person shot ever 14.5 hours.
The previous 4 weekends shootings are listed below:
Weekend of April 2-4
- Incident at RAA St Georges which saw one man shot, another stabbed [link]
- Driveby shooting at Dandy Town, 2 people shot [link]
- Man murdered in broad daylight in front of 50 people, including his children [link]
Weekend of March 26-28
- Man shot while in a taxi outside of his house [link]
- News arrives that a Bermudian was shot and killed in Dominican Republic [link]
Weekend of March 19-21
- Guns fired with no injuries in both Smiths and Somerset [link]
- 3 men shot in a driveby on Court/Dundonald Street, one man dies [link]
Weekend of March 12-14
- For far too long has the island's predominantly black population (and yes, I am black too), sat back in silence, whispered, and gossiped over violence which has terrorized our communities, instead of speaking out, taking a real stand and saying "enough is enough".
- This tradition of silence over murders sickens me. A great example is the community surrounding the Victor Scott Primary School in Pembroke East, where father Kimwandae Walker, 35, was shot dead by cowardly thugs in front of 50 people and tragically, in the sight of his young children.
- By not providing information to the Police, the blacks in these communities have given their consent to the violence and the murders.
- But yet these same people have no problem getting on the phone and gossiping about what they saw, who they think is behind the shooting, etc.
- Black people must quit with the excuses and decide it's life or death; they must speak up OR remain quiet and wait for their brother, sister, mother, cousin, to be shot dead next. The choice is yours.
God help Bermuda.
A brainwashed society that is almost as brain dead as the Peoples Temple, Jim Jones Kool Aid followers
Brainwashed by Ewart Brown's Mickey Mouse Dictatorship propaganda, in victimization and Entitlement ,a generation of Mama's boys, who have the life experience and emotional maturity of 12 year olds .
They've been coddled and protected and entitled to the point that they actually think their victimization drivel is where it's at.
The only detractors are two defense Lawyers, deadbeat lawyer Llewelyn Peniston,who owes over $2 million, to former partners he swindled, and Charles Richardson,an ex convict, violent shooter himself, ex drug dealer, and recently convicted drug user .
Only in Bermuda,under the PLP, could these two thievish ,ex convict,race pimps get the right to practice law, anywhere else they would be hustling in the streets, instead of helping thugs, gangsters and dealers to subvert the law and escape justice and turning Bermuda into a ghetto.
Their views are self motivated ,since both make a very good living defending drug dealers and thuggish thieves, they say the idea is "Draconian", breaches human rights and puts them on a par with terrorists'.
Well, I'm fine with that. These punks are ruining the country.
They are running around shooting people with no thought for the bystanders, even if the bystanders are children.
People are afraid to be witnesses, as a result of the terror. You can't now fly kites on school playing fields without being a somewhat afraid that a stray bullet will hit you or your children. If this carries on, tourists will not come here, International Business will leave, and Bermuda will be wrecked, if it isn't already.
We are in a crisis and need every solution we can get.
So go ahead. Treat them like terrorists, because that is exactly what they are.
Put them in jail and let them rot.