Ewart Brown's Corrupt gangster govt: fly a kite & get shot dead!
Murder: Good Friday Shooting Victim Has Died
The victim of the shooting at the Victor School school field during kite flying celebrations this afternoon has died. The 35 year old victim was rushed to hospital and soon succumbed to his injuries.
Bernews understand from unofficial sources two men on a bike wearing full face visors rode onto the field and opened fire in the far corner, and sped away.
We also understand the victim may have been playing with children when he was shot, and we can confirm the highly disturbing fact that there were numerous children present, and dozens of people overall.
While we were on the scene, we overheard a police officer say “even the people here on the field don’t want to talk to us.” We spoke with two bystanders who expressed fears of assisting the police, saying they feared for their personal safety.
Video of the Police Forensic Unit searching the scene this afternoon:
We understand the victim, whom we will not name yet, owned his own trucking company, and was shot very close to his family homestead, although he personally did not reside there.
Bernews is receiving very credible reports that this may not have been a gang related incident, but possibly drug related.
Updates to follow…
Update #1: We are getting sketchy reports he may have been shot in the head.
Update #2: The Police have confirmed the shooting, but not the victims death.
This marks the 3rd murder for 2010, following the January death of Perry Puckerin, and the murder of James Lawes on March 19. It is also the 4th weekend in a row someone has been shot.
Previous gun incidents in March 2010 include:
- A 16 year old was shot at a late night function at Bermuda College Sat, March 13 [link]
- A gun was fired in the Scotts Hill, Somerset area on Tues, Mar 16 [link]
- A gun was fired in Curving Avenue on Wed, March 17 [link]
- A taxi driver was robbed at gunpoint on Watlington Road East, Devonshire on Thurs, March 18 [link]
- A gun was fired in the Bulkhead Drive, Warwick area on Fri, March 19 [link]
- Three men were shot, James Lawes fatally, outside Place’s Place on Fri March 19 [link]
- A gun was fired in the Club Road, Devils Hole, Smiths area on Sun, March 21 [link]
- A gun was fired in the Cambridge Road, Sandy’s area on Sun, March 21 [link]
- Jakai Harford was shot multiple times in Pembroke on Sat, March 27 [link]
Gun Incidents for February include:
- A 24-year-old Sandys man was shot in the right hand in the Scotts Hill, Somerset area on Wed, Feb 3
- On Feb 13 Nathan Darrell, 23, was non fatally shot three times in Kitchener Close, Sandys. 31 year old Quincy Brangman has been charged
- A 28 year old Pembroke man shot in St. Monica’s Road, Feb 21
Gun Incidents for January include:
- Perry Puckerin shot and killed in Hamilton Parish on Sun, Jan 3
- A man was shot in the leg in the St. John’s Road Pembroke area on Sun, Jan 10
Happy Easter in Bermuda :
Public school field.
Kids and parents flying kites.
go fly a kite on a Good Friday holiday and get shot dead!
35 yr man shot dead in front of his kids.
bullets to the head,
And the police are virtually powerless to stop it.
Ironic that this is the school where the Rise Above meetings are held.
Corruption and gangsterism are gripping Bermuda,from 11 years of PLP govt,and the stench of corruption surrounding the carpetbagger,opportunist and thief in charge ,Ewart Brown,who has engineered the looting ,and rape of Bermuda .
BROWN IS NOT A "LEADER"!
He is a self-serving DIVIDER, who is from a comfortable middle class background,with money and privilege, and an ivy league education. Brown surrounds himself with smug,arrogant racists like himself,Ex-convict Rolf commisiong, ex-con lawyer Charles Richardson,who escaped yet ANOTHER drug conviction yesterday
With role models like this,no wonder the gangs and guns rule
Ex-con lawyer Charles Richardson ,a former drug dealer who took a gun and shot another man several times, who used the taxpayers money to get an education ,owes a great debt to society , yet abuses all the help he got.
While those who are less of a social problem , get different set of rules applied.
This sets a very unhealthy precedent and reinforces the double standards and legal bias , throughout our judiciary.
"Richardson pleaded guilty to two counts of drug possession yesterday. He admitted knowing the cannabis was in his house, but said it belonged to a houseguest."
Richardson has a 1993 conviction for cannabis possession with intent to supply.
The officers, accompanied by a sniffer dog, found a plastic container containing two plastic twists of cannabis, a piece of cannabis resin, a $2 bill containing cannabis and a torn packet of Rizla papers in the master bedroom. A burned home-made cigarette was found in an ashtray on top of a dresser.
Richardson's DNA was found on the plastic container, the $2 bill and Rizla papers.
if a house guest left a stinky roach out in an ashtray, I think it would have been long since flushed.
DNA on the papers? That's because they are yours.
So, worse than breaking the law and having a little herb for recreation is the fact that this lawyer is a liar.