Exposing the Truth about Global March on Jerusalem
All Information made possible by CIF Watch. As previously reported, the SE Asia delegation of the Global March to Jerusalem (which has picked up some Iranian fellow travellers along the way) is currently in Turkey.
One of the Iranian delegates has provided photographs of the caravan’s reception at a sports centre in Istanbul on March 25th.
The event appears to have been hosted by the Turkish organisation ‘Mazlumder’ – otherwise known as ‘The Organisation of Human Rights and Solidarity for Oppressed Peoples’.
Mazlumder is part of the Muslim Brotherhood’s network in Turkey. It was founded in 1991 and declares itself to be associated with Islamist organisations tied to Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, Iran and the Jamaat-e-Islami of Pakistan. Its chairman, Ahmet Faruk Unsal was an AKP member of parliament from 2002-2007 and is also a senior member of the Hamas supporting organization, IHH.
Mazlumder collaborated with the IHH and George Galloway’s ‘Viva Palestina’ on a 2010 convoy to Gaza, where its chairman Unsal was received by Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh, along with the IHH’s head Bulent Yildirim. Also present on the convoy was GMJ spokesman and known Hamas activist Zaher Birawi. Ahmet Unsal also took part in the 2009 ‘Masjid Al Aqsa Symposium’ in Istanbul together with Raed Salah.
The wording on the banners decorating the reception’s venue therefore comes as little of a surprise.
- Global March to Jerusalem participant Mansour Kiaei Tweets “Death to Israel” (gm2j.co)
- ‘Global March to Jerusalem’ participants praise “moral” government of Iran (gm2j.co)
- Malaysian Islamists within GMJ leadership organize anti-Zionist ‘flashmob’ (gm2j.co)
- Global March to Jerusalem, Ismael Patel, Friends of Al Aqsa & Muslim Brotherhood (gm2j.co)
- Mixed messages about violence from the Global March to Jerusalem (gm2j.co)
- Neturei Karta endorses Global March to Jerusalem (gm2j.co)