FDI in India will create unemployment & ruin small traders: BJP
FDI in India will create unemployment, ruin small traders: BJP
The Rajya Sabha on Thursday witnessed a combative debate on the UPA government’s decision to allow FDI in the multi-brand retail with the Opposition terming it an ‘anti-people move’. Click to read more>>
Driving his point home, Jaitley said that FDI will collapse manufacturing sector and make India a nation of traders.
Jaitley argued that reforms are needed in the manufacturing sector before India can introduce FDI in multi-brand retail, and warned that India will become a nation of ‘sales boys and sales girls’
Click here to read more about FDI debate
- Senior CPI leader A B Bardhan on Saturday took exception to some CPI(M) leaders` reported remarks over his party`s policies and programmes.
- The Congress on Saturday night named Santiuse Kujur as its candidate for the second Rajya Sabha seat in Assam for which biennial...
- Holding the opposition`s "disruptionary tactics" responsible for not allowing passage of the food security and land acquisition bills in...
- A Malaysian-Indian politician of the Democratic Action Party has asked the party`s Chinese-origin secretary-general to apologise to...
- Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said only BJP had challenged the prevailing vote-bank politics in the country.