This is an eyewitness report from the NowPublic member politisite who was on the scene.
Fire Breaks out at Village at Sandhill Brixx Wood Fired Pizza
Fire Breaks out at Village at Sandhill Brixx Wood Fired Pizza, Apartments Evacuated
By Albert N. Milliron Staff Writer, Iron Mill News
Columbia, SC– (IMNS)– Shortly after 11:15 pm this evening a fire broke out in a ventilation system above Brixx Wood-Fired Pizza at The Village at Sandhill 486-11 Town Center Place in Northeast Columbia. The blaze caused the total evacuation of the building including the apartments above the restaurant as flames and smoke were seen coming from the ventilation system in the building. Several fire Battalions and rescue units were required to get the fire under control. Some 28 condominiums were evacuated successfully and no one was injured . Sprinkler systems and fire alarms that were in place that mitigated the damage. Damage was estimated near 250 Thousand dollars.
This is the second fire in just over a month at the Village at Sandhill. On June 13 fire broke out at the Super Bi-Lo.